These crispy golden arancini are a crowd pleaser making them the perfect vegetarian appetiser for any event!
Created by Melbournes High Tea specialists this recipe is a tried and tested and loved by thousands!
Arancini is perfect appetiser for any event! This recipe can be made across two days limiting preparation on the day of your event. You can even freeze them to enjoy later down the track.
If you are looking to make Gluten free Arancini simply swap out the flour and breadcrumbs for a gluten free alternative.
Want to make vegan arancini instead? Use plant based cheese and use soy milk in place of the eggs.
Mary recommends making these over two days, firstly make the risotto and place in refrigerator overnight and the next day roll and fry.
Mary's Pumpkin Arancini Recipe
Serves: 5-10 | Time: 3 hours
1L (4 cups) Hot chicken style liquid stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1kg pumpkin, diced
330g (1 1/2 cup) arborio rice
40g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
4 eggs, lightly beaten
180g (2 cups) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
150g (1 cup) plain flour
100g goat cheese cut into 1.5cm pieces
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line roasting dish with baking paper. Add pumpkin in roast for 35 mins
2. Add oil, onion and garlic into pan and cook until the onion is soft.
3. Add the rice to the onion mixture and cook, stirring, until the grains become translucent. Slowing add stock until risotto becomes cream and all stock is absorbed.
4. Puree the pumpkin and add to rice mix. Add chopped sage and parmesan and goats cheese. Set aside for 2-3 hours to cool completely.
5. Place breadcrumbs, flour and egg in seperate bowls.
6. Form risotto balls and roll in flour, dip in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs.
7. Heat oil in deep fryer to 190°C over medium-high heat. Add 5-6 risotto balls at a time and cook for 4-5 mins or until golden.
Make sure to tag us and use the hashtag #maryeatscakebakes #maryeatscake when you trying this recipes.